- Who is Gold Lobby?
- Why should I bring my business to Gold Lobby?
- What to expect when I sell my unwanted gold jewelry to Gold Lobby?
- How does Gold Lobby calculate the value of my gold jewellery?
- How quickly do I get paid and what are the settlement options?
- What type of items do you buy?
- What type of items do you sell?
- What will you NOT buy?
- What happens if I change my mind?
- Are you able to do jewellery and watch repairs on the spot?
1. Who is Gold Lobby?
Gold Lobby is a local family run BBB accredited business with over 40 years experience in the jewellery field right here in the Ottawa area. We are committed to setting a new standard in customer satisfaction and provide a simple straightforward approach to selling and buying estate gold jewellery and watches.
2. Why should I bring my business to Gold Lobby?
Most of our competitors offer a single service – they buy gold with intent to recycle it and therefor these companies are solely dependent on the price of gold when it comes to what they can pay you for your jewelry. We are also happy to recycle your broken gold but keep in mind that some of the gold we buy we refurbish and put for sale in our estate jewellery department, and therefor, we are able to offer you more for your gold jewelry that we can resell and not recycle. By offering more than one service we can afford to lower our profit margins and offer you more money for your unwanted gold jewelry and still remain profitable. Gold Lobby stands for honesty, transparency and higher prices for your gold! We are BBB accredited and have been in business for over 40 years so we must be doing something right!
3. What to expect when I sell my unwanted gold jewelry to Gold Lobby?
When you arrive, you will be greeted by one of the owners who is always present at our location, there is little to no wait before we can begin the evaluation. Your items then are tested and sorted in front of you and arranged by karat content using the latest resistance testing technology available to us. Your items are then weighed on large easy to read scale in front of you and your quote is provided based on our “buy prices” quoted on the bottom of every page of our website. Once your free no obligation offer is complete and accepted, we will ask to see a valid government issued photo ID, and after proper paperwork, we will issue you a cash payment on the spot.
4. How does Gold Lobby calculate the value of my gold jewellery?
Here at Gold Lobby we calculate the value of your gold jewellery primarily based on these factors:
- The price of gold quoted by the New York spot price on the day of settlement
- The Karat content of your gold which is a percentage of 24K gold, ex: 10k is 41.6% pure, 14k is 58.3% pure, etc.
- The actual weight of your gold jewellery
- The value of precious stones (diamonds, rubies, emeralds, sapphires, etc) present in your jewellery.
- Is your jewelry still in style and be resold as is? If so, we will pay you even more than merely recycled gold weight at our discretion.
5. How quickly do I get paid and what are the settlements options?
WE PAY CASH ON THE SPOT! FAST, EASY, CONFIDENTIAL!!! If you desire, we may also issue a cheque or arrange for a wire transfer to your bank.
6. What type of items do you buy?
For a complete list of item that we buy please click here.
7. What type of items do you sell?
We sell jewellery, watches, fine art and antiques. From time to time we also have gold and silver bullion available for sale. Please browse our store
for a sample of some of the items we offer.
8. What will you NOT buy?
Below are some items that we do NOT buy:
- Stolen items
- Non precious metals
- Gold plated Jewellery
- Costume Jewellery
- Non precious stones
- Plated silverware (usually marked E.P and/or E.P.N.S and/or Regency Plate and/or Rogers Bros 1847 but there are other marks that also stand for silverplated flatware, if unsure stop by for your free no obligation evaluation)
- Gold filled jewellery (usually marked GF)
At no time, you are under any obligation to accept our quote. We believe in no pressure, honest and hassle free approach when we evaluate your items. We treat every customer with respect and dignity that you deserve and grown accustomed to when dealing with us. We encourage you to shop around with our competition and compare prices. Only when you decide to accept our offer, sale of your unwanted jewelry is final once you get paid for your items.
We are able to change watch batteries, replace watch bands and clean and polish jewellery while you wait, however, jewellery repairs such as resizing and soldering broken rings is a more complicated process which requires some time and cannot be completed while you wait. We do complete our work usually within 2 business days which is way above the industry standard.