Most people buy gold strictly for investment purposes, or to have for protection against an economy such as ours in case our monetary fiat currency system collapses. But Gold is not all about investing and protection! Believe it or not, there was actually a time when gold was fun to have and even fun to look for! However, government intervened and now it is almost a necessity to protect yourself from inflation and a flat out collapse of our country. That’s why we want to show some of the fun facts about gold! Here are the top ten interesting facts about gold that you probably never knew!
10. Gold is used in window glass and astronaut helmets to reflect infrared rays while allowing sunlight to pass through, and at the same time keeping it cool.
9. Gold is chemically liquified and injected into the muscles of thousands of rheumatoid arthritis victims in the U.S., and it is said that the treatment is successful in seven out of ten cases.
8. In every cubic mile of sea water there is 25 tons of gold! That’s a total of about 10 billion tons of gold in the oceans; however, there’s no known way to economically recover it.
7. Gold can be hammered into sheets so thin that a pile of them an inch high would contain more than 200,000 separate sheets.
6. A single ounce of gold can be drawn into a wire 60 miles long.
5. The largest gold nugget found in the U.S. weighed 195 pounds; it came from California.
4. Gold is so heavy that one cubic foot of it weighs half a ton.
3. A one-ounce gold nugget is more rare to find than a five-carat diamond.
2. All of the gold in the world could be compressed into an 18-yard cube, which is about 1/10 the mass of the Washington Monument.
1. Gold is said to be so rare that the world pours more steel in an hour than it has poured gold since time began.